Bicentennial Hikers Challenge
To celebrate Indiana’s 200th year as a state, the Hoosier Hikers Council challenges you to hike 200 miles on natural surface hiking trails throughout Indiana! The time period begins on January 1, 2016 and will last through June 30, 2017. In addition to completing 200 total miles, work to see more of Indiana by hiking at least 10 of the trails on the Bicentennial Trail List. Trails not on the list can also be used toward the goal. The trail list will be updated periodically, so be sure to check back for the latest version. Hikers that meet this goal will receive a free Indiana bicentennial patch and an electronic certificate. Additionally, all participants will have their names listed on HHC’s website.
- You do not need to be an HHC member, and there are no fees! You only need to register with HHC
- Download and make entries of your hikes in the Hiking Log.
Note: If you prefer to log your miles electronically, feel free to create your own log using the same columns and header information. If you have an Excel-compatible worksheet, you are free to use our Excel-Based Hiking Log. To download it, right-click here to save (the option to select depends on your browser. It might be something like “Save Link As”, “Save As”, or “Download”).
- Remember to hike at least 10 of the trails on the Bicentennial Trail List
- Be sure to also check out the trails featured on HHC’s web page!
- Feel free to share hiking photos on HHC’s Facebook page!
- Once you complete the 200 miles, send your log to HHC200MileChallenge@gmail.com. (You may also mail it to HHC, PO Box 1327, Martinsville, IN 46151)
- For questions please contact us at HHC200MileChallenge@gmail.com
Links and Resources
Participant and Finisher Lists:
This project is officially endorsed by the Indiana Bicentennial Commission.